July 13, 2004

PAINFUL

I just want to remember this day.Earlier my aunt living in Nevada gave me a call. I barely recognized her voice because of her hard sobbing, and I instantly knew what was wrong.You see yesterday evening when she called me up, she's told me that right at that moment, her baby - Raider, a 7 year old black labrador - will go under the knife and that she and her husband were frantic, worried sick. She's told me that there were bumps over Raider's body. I knew it didn't looked good and my aunt who is a nurse, seemed to refuse to face the possibility that her baby could die...but 'mothers' are like that, aren't they? But when the vet cut Raider open, instantly they knew that the cancer has spread all over his body and there's just no hope. So immediately they told my aunt and uncle and asked them if they would want them to close him up, wake him up so that they can say goodbye. They were also told that Raider was really suffering. They chose to let him rest in peace. He was cremated and today his remain will be delivered to my aunt.

I just want to remember this day when I wasn't able to console my aunt.....The day when I realized, that someday, I will experience the same thing when my babies decide to 'go away', for good.Raider, rest in peace....someday mom and dad will be just fine.

1 comment:

blogger0308 said...

Interesting but sad...

When I look at my Doggie, I kinda wonder what would I ever do if she'd drop dead tomorrow. OUCH. Its even worse when you have to put them to sleep.

Dogs and pets in general are kinda like babies to us who are their owners. We somehow develop a strong attachment to the lil creatures with cold noses, furry bums, slimy skin etc, etc...hehe.

Its never easy when you lose your baby...