January 22, 2005

Fresh Poster

First off, I'd like to say "thank you" to Thess for the invite to contribute to this great blog! My name is Cheryl, and I love animals. Now when I say I love animals, that should actually read I LOVE ANIMALS!! In fact, I love them so much, that I've managed to create what I jokingly refer to as my own private "zoo". Here's the quick listing of the pets that live in my home with my husband, Casey, and me. Four dogs (1 Schipperke, 1 Chihuahua, 1 Cocker Spaniel, and 1 Jack Russell mix, all of which were rescues), seven cats (all rescues), and eighteen lizards (9 Leopard Geckos, 3 Bearded Dragons, 5 Crested Geckos, and 1 Madagascan Gecko). I admit it's quite a houseful, but I truly ENJOY every minute of it. I've volunteered for my local shelter and humane association, since I was in high school. I help as many animals as I can, and it is my dream to one day win the lottery and open my own animal sanctuary. I always keep up with animal legislation across the US and other countries, and I'm a sucker for an animal story with a happy ending. I have my own blog dedicated to my home life with my pets and my husband called Richardson Zoo. I'll more than likely be posting pet related articles and tips, along with pictures of my zoo at home. Here are a few of my fur kids:

Bear, the Schipperke


Rose, the Bearded Dragon


Phoebe, One of the seven cats.

1 comment:

Thess said...

Hi Cheryl! You really do have a full house there.

Welcome to you and all your cute babies. And your geckos.. I'd love to read more about them.

Happy posting.